Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tasmanian Polytechnic - Here I Come

Hi Everyone

Today has been a long (and hot) day but I am finally enrolled in Certificate 3 in Business Administration. Yay!

This semester I will do the non-computing units - which are - Work Effectively in a Business Environment, Participate in OHS processes, Process accounts payable and receivable, Organise Schedules, Write Simple Documents, Deliver and Monitor a service to customers, Maintain daily financial/business records, Organise workplace information and Organise personal work priorities and development.

Course loading is approximately 50% (15 and a half contact hours) so most of you will probably be seeing less of me. I will, however, be needing lots of prayer and encouragement.

It may seem like an easy-ish course but I am not used to having to manage my time or associate with people who are outside my comfort zone (old friends, Christians and the mentally ill). Please pray for me for those two things particularly. I am excited but nervous.

I start on Tuesday 10th February so for those who want to catch up with me before I become very busy (for me anyway) that would be the deadline.

Also I intend doing an Adult Education course in writing on Tuesday mornings and working in the church office either Wednesday afternoons or Thursday mornings.

Thankfully I have been able to get set in good habits of cleanliness and exercise. Please pray that I keep up these habits.

This is a new and exciting step for me and I hope it will prove to be the right step.

God Bless you all

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment