Friday, January 9, 2009

Food and a Beach



This is a picture of me on the beach I grew up on.

Most of you probably don't know that this beach was central to many of the positive experiences of my childhood. It is Somerset beach - the beach of a small town near Burnie.

As a child (until my early teens) I was involved in surf life saving. I also used to just like swimming (even in winter) and body surfing.

I also took my friends and boyfriends down to the beach for a bit of privacy. Many a deep and meaningful conversation happened on the beach.

So - of course - yesterday I revisited this beach and remembered all those happy memories.

We also went fruit and cheese tasting. We bought some beautiful cherries, boysenberries and marionberries from country road side stalls. They were delicious.

Then we went cheese tasting - I liked the sweet chilli cheese and mum kindly bought it for me. She also bought camembert which we all like.

So, overall, yesterday was fun and, most probably, very fattening.

God Bless you all

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment