Thursday, January 15, 2009

My new cat - Jessie




Hi Everyone - here is the latest addition to my household, Jessie the tabby cat.
Jessica is a four year old, female tabby cat.
I don't believe I chose her - she chose me. As soon as I walked into her room at the Hobart Cat Centre she fought her way to the front to smooch and chased and growled at any other cats in her way. I thought to myself "That's my cat."
She has been very actively familiarising herself with her new home. This has involved wandering into every crevice and sniffing even the most odourless of objects.
She is a bit like Kaffy but she doesn't eat as much and she has bigger eyes - I don't know if you can see from the photo but they are really quite big.
I look forward to getting to know Jessie in the days, weeks, months and years to come.
God Bless you all.
Amber

6 comments:

  1. Welcome, Jessie! She looks like a nice cat. I hope that she gives you as many years of joy and friendship as your dear Kaffy did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pablo (and of course Kate too!) She is a nice cat - very affectionate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. she is really cute! she rubbed her smell all over the place yet? Give Jessie this message for me : Purr, Purr, meao.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I agree she is beautiful. And, yes, she has rubbed everything in sight. I told her purr, purr and she is finally purring quite loudly and is sitting on my knee as I write this. She really has been a success so far anyway.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks cuddly and happy. I hope you and Jessie have many happy years together.

    ReplyDelete