Today I went to the doctor. Because...I was physically sick twice in March and I still feel pretty run down and, of course, because I am feeling very stressed and depressed. I have even had my menstrual period twice in four weeks which I think is probably due to stress.
My doctor is really lovely. She is thorough, kind and patient. She did a physical examination and then quizzed me a little about my lifestyle and psychological state.
In the end she told me to:
- Keep doing my studies because it distracts me from my problems and, besides, I'm good at it.
- Take a multivitamin every day
- Get lots of rest
- Don't exercise or overdo activities
- Go to the Melbourne comedy festival as planned because humour is healing
- Take valium when needed
- Stay out of hospital if at all possible
She said I suffered from a post viral syndrome with depression and anxiety (which are pre existing).
Tomorrow I go to the psychiatrist for my monthly check up and blood test.
Please continue to pray for my physical and mental health and for my beautiful cat.